1. Our Consultant will arrange an obligation free on-site meeting with you to:
• Inspect your land and surroundings to determine any design impact and/or influences
• Discuss home designs, inclusions and your budget
2. Sign your Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne engagement agreement and pay the initial consultancy fee. The initial fee covers the Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne team assisting you through the entire pre-site process to signing the building contract with your selected builder. Also included in the initial fee is the required property information, soil testing, feature survey, connections information, dilapidation inspections, independent QA inspections and a qualified interior designer consultation. This fee will be offset by your chosen builder making the entire process cost neutral to you.
3. Your Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne consultant will prepare a design brief and obtain property information including council zoning and title particulars to fully assess the suitability of your land for your desired home design
4. We will arrange for you to meet with our award- winning designer to create a sketch design in line with your budget, allowed build form and any of your specific requests. We will also explore the levels of inclusions, fixtures and fittings available for you to choose from
5. Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne will obtain preliminary estimates for the construction and inclusions for your new home from our selected panel of Builders. We will also obtain quotations from our selected Demolition Contractors
6. We will obtain all required property information including soil test, site survey, boundary re-establishment and availability/suitability of essential service connections
7. Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne will then arrange:
• Preliminary working drawings
• Preliminary energy rating report
• Our selected Urban Planner to make a Town Planning Application to council on your behalf if required
8. In consultation with you, we will forward the relevant information and obtain formal quotations from the two best suited builders from our selected panel
9. Your Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne consultant will discuss the lighting and power locations and types to ensure that your electrical plans are accurate. Heating and air conditioning (HVAC) requirements will also be discussed. Your Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne consultant will liaise with the Builder on your behalf to ensure that your custom home is adequately equipped
10. Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne’s designer will prepare the final draft of your working drawings and obtain structural engineering. In consultation with you, we will discuss and select the best suited Builder for your project. We will notify the successful Builder and provide copies of the full property information, final plans, engineering and if required, the town planning permit
11. We will organise your Colour Selection appointment at Gallerie – a state of the art selections showroom. Our qualified interior designer will guide you through all of your colour, fixtures and finish selections for your new home. Your selections will be forwarded to the selected Builder for inclusion into your contract. Gallerie is also available for browsing if you would like to start researching your options prior to your scheduled selections meeting
12. Your selected Builder will prepare your building contracts, which will be perused by you together with your Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne consultant prior to signing
13. The Builder will apply for your building permit. During this time, your Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne consultant will carry out basic dilapidation reports on the property council assets and both neighbouring buildings. Once completed, we will arrange for the selected demolition contractor to undertake the removal of your existing home
14. The Builder will carry out any final testing of the cleared site and then commence construction in accordance with the signed contract.
15. Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne will engage ABI Services to carry out rigorous independent quality inspections at specific construction milestones to ensure that your home is completed to the highest standards
16. Knockdown Rebuild Melbourne will liaise with you at frame stage and at pre-handover to ensure all critical factors are carried out in accordance with the signed contract
17. Your new home is now ready, all that’s left to do is move in and pop the champagne!